Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chocolate Contest

Recently my wonderful mother found a chocolate contest in Tyler, Texas which Andrew, Mom and I entered. Andrew made peanut butter chip cookies and Mom made chocolate cherry cookies for their divisions.  For my group I made a chocolate cake and chocolate truffles. While the desserts were being judged, a cooking demonstration was held. The demo taught how to make different types of truffles and how to cook with white chocolate. After the demonstration the judges announced the winners. Sadly Mom and Andrew didn't place, but I placed 2nd with my truffles.

Did you know that.........

Truffles originated in France?
Truffles got their name because they look like the truffle mushroom?
Truffles were first made on an accident?

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment