Wednesday, February 1, 2012

4-H Food Show

On January 20 my brother, sister and I went to the county 4-H Food Show. The 4-H Food Show is where you prepare a healthy dish. Which would fall unto one of these groups, Main Dish, Breads and Cereals, Nutritional Snacks, and Fruits and Vegetables? The dish I made was Applesauce Oat muffins so it would be in the Breads and Cereals class. Each person enters one dish in a category and gets 2,5or 7 minutes to tell the judge how your dish is nutritional for you. Then the judge will ask you some questions such as how many calories are in your food, your 4-H leadership that you have done; and if you could substitute any ingredient in your recipe. After everyone was done getting judged, we received our ribbons. My sister and I both received first place so we will go on to District.  







1 comment: