Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tyler Post office



My Mom organized a field trip to the Tyler Main Post Office on Martin Luther King Blvd. During the tour, I learned that each of the mail carriers get up at 4o'clock in the morning and leave at 7p.m. When the mail carriers get there, they have this orange cart with mixed mail from their route that they sort by putting the mail in little boxes in an area like a cubical. Once they get all of the mail sorted, they take it to their vehicle to deliver it to peoples' mail boxes. The strangest item they have delivered was a snake. When they receive chickens in spring they keep them from crowing by putting them in a dark room. I also, learned that they've raised the price of stamps up to 45 cents. I had a good time and learned a lot of information. My Mom found a Postal Pack which had lots of information about the history of the post office. I learned a lot and had a good time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment