Monday, May 27, 2013

Jesus

Today, I will be telling you about the most important person in the world. Perhaps you've heard about him. His name is Jesus. Why is he so important? Because he died for my sins and yours. (John 3:16 states "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Everyone will have eternal life but unless you ask Jesus to come in your life you will have eternal life in hell.  

To be saved all you have to do is believe and say the ABC's to become a Christian. 

The ABC's to becoming a Christian are:
1. Admit you are a sinner. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)
2. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
3. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Romans 10:9 says, "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
If you believe and say a simple prayer like this one below, that's all there is to it. You can accept Jesus Christ at this moment and not spend your eternity in hell.

Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name.
Amen.

A helpful site for new believers is here.


Now that you know how to become a Christian, you should do the following to help build your faith and gain support from other Christians.
Go to church. This is important because you can fellowship with other Christians.
Read the Bible so you can grow closer to God.
Share the gospel with other nonbelievers.

Becoming saved will not mean that your life here on earth will be perfect. The Bible states "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33.  Christians still have problems BUT we are not alone, we have God to help us through hard times.



If you decide not to say this prayer today and are not saved, please talk to a saved friend or a pastor of a local Christian church soon to understand the importance of this message.  Don't wait.  You may comment on my blog and I will do my best to help if you have questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment