Friday, June 28, 2013

My birthday

Tuesday, June 25, I turned 13. For my birthday my dad and I went to Purtis Creek State Park to canoe. I chose this  because I wanted to practice before our church youth trip,and I thought that canoeing looked liked fun. When we first arrived, we went to the office and rented a canoe (you get a discount if you have a State Park Pass) and hit the water. It was windy, so we weren't able to canoe over the whole lake, but we stayed near a cove and went fishing. Although we did not catch anything; I got a lot of practice and had a great time with my dad. When we came home I opened my presents and played Canasta. My presents included christian books, stamps ( for my collection), jelly beans, money and clothes. Then my dad and siblings looked through my stamp collection; while mom made dinner. Dinner consisted of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas, and rolls with chocolate pie for dessert. I had a great birthday and I hope that you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment