Monday, August 26, 2013

Vacation Bible School


Our church recently held a Vacation Bible School which my family and I helped with. This year's VBS theme was Colossal Coaster World with a memory verse from 2 Timothy 1:7 which states; For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. My wonderful mother was in charge of the craft room which she excelled in. Laura Ashley and I were group leaders (I led the third graders). And Andrew was a participator. Each day at the VBS younger kids would watch part of a short video about a boy who trusted God and faced his fear of riding a roller coaster. After the video, I would lead the kids to each station; crafts, snacks/missions, bible study (about Peter the disciple), recreation, and music. Each station would tie into an amusement park or people who faced their fears and trusted God. While VBS took place, upstairs a man was leading an adult VBS (which was more of a bible study)  for the parents of the kids that were attending downstairs. When Vacation Bible School was over two children and two adult made confessions of  their faith. This whole VBS experience made me appreciate school teachers a lot more and realize that they are not paid enough. :) Actually, I had a great time and look forward to helping again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment