I really like vintage cars, so I was excited when a local Volunteer Fire Department put on a car show. My favorite cars were this Cadillac and the Ford Sedan Slant Back.
10 interesting vintage car facts:
- Karl Benz, the first inventor of the gasoline-powered automobile, made one of the first cars in 1893.
- Henry Ford, the inventor of the Model T in1908 , once said about the colors of cars he produced “any color you want, so long as it’s black.”
- The first Chevrolet Corvette came out in 1953.
- Original V.W. beetles had no gas gauges but if you ran out you could pull a lever under the dash to access a "reserve" supply of 1/2 gallon.
- More than 15 million Model Ts were produced.
- Henry Ford sold his first Model T for $950.00.
- The first V.W. beetle was made in 1945.
- During the Model T nineteen years of production the price came down to $280.00.
- A new V.W. beetle in 1968 cost $1,800.00.
- The first car radio was invented in 1929.