Friday, October 26, 2012

Incubator Update

Black bantam chick.

In one of my earlier post about my incubator, I said that I would give a update about my hatching status. Around two weeks ago, I hatched my first bantam chick ever. Its father won first place at our local livestock show. Since its dad placed so well, I'm hoping to enter it in the next show. My newest chicks were Buff Orpingtons. I was really excited to hatch these because it was my first time to hatch this breed and all of the eggs hatched. All of them are healthy and active but one has a club foot if any of you know how to treat this, please comment and tell. I like this breed because they are one of the most docile and best egg laying breed. I also like the color of this breed too.  

Buff Orpington chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment