Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gem and Mineral Show


A few days ago my family and I went to a  Gem and Mineral show in Tyler, Texas. It was really fascinating my favorite part was the table of rocks which looked like food. If you guessed which one was edible you could get to eat it. You could also get  a micro diamond. The man found the mini diamonds in ant hills. The ants had brought them out of the ground and laid them on the top of the ant hill so they wouldn't be in the ants way.  The Gem and Mineral show also, had a florescent rock  display, silent auction, and numerous booths selling rocks. At the silent auction I bought a fossil of  a huge snail. one of the most interesting facts I learned was that the Texas state fossil was  fossilized palm wood. Fossilized palm wood has a bunch of tiny, narrow tubes in it caused my the fiber in the wood. I had a great time and am looking forward to going again.  



Rocks with florescent light off.

Same rocks with florescent lights.

A painting made of tiny rocks.

A Siberian Cave Bear  foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment