This is my favorite cookie recipe. Try it out.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 ounce) bag milk chocolate candy kisses
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Recipe Yield 4 1/2 dozen
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour and cocoa, add to the flour mixture, mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Finally, stir in the pecans. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Unwrap chocolate kisses. Mold about 1 tablespoon of dough around each chocolate kiss. Place 1 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in confectioners' sugar